9th Workshop on "Occupational Exposure to Natural Radiation"
"Occupational Exposure to Natural Radiation", Augsburg, Germany, October 2005Download the Summary and Recommendations
The aim of the 9th EAN Workshop was to focus on exposures arising from natural radiation sources in the workplace, in particular from Naturally Occuring Radioactive Materials (NORM) and from radon gas. Assumptions lead to estimate that it concerns approximately 100 000 workers in the NORM area in Europe and may be up to 1 000 000 exposed workers to radon.
The objectives of the Workshop were to consider the following questions:
- How can the commitment to radiation protection be encouraged and increased?
- How should exposure management (for NORM and radon in the workplace) be improved?
More than 50 participants from 14 European countries attented the Workshop as well as representatives of 3 International Organisations with viagra safe. In total, there were 23 oral presentations, and 6 posters presentations, organised under the following subjects:
- Introduction and scene setting
- Increasing the commitment to radiation protection
- Managing exposures from radon and NORM
Two afternoon sessions were devoted to discussions in small groups on the following specific issues:
- Types of regulation and the optimisation of protection
- Communication and stakeholder involvement
- Practical management of radon exposures
- Practical management of NORM exposures
The reports from these Working Groups were presented and discussed on the final day, from which the key findings and the 8 recommendations from the Workshop were derived.
Programme and Downloadable Papers