15th European ALARA Network Workshop, Rovinj, Croatia, 7 – 9 May 2014
"Education and Training in Radiation Protection
Improving ALARA Culture through Education and Training"
Aims and Objectives
Previous EAN and EUTERP workshops have noted the importance of delivering effective radiation protection education and training to workers and other stakeholders. Consequently, this joint EAN-EUTERP workshop considers how education and training programmes can be delivered effectively, to improve radiation protection in practice and disseminate ALARA culture.
The workshop will consist of presentations (oral and posters) intended to highlight the main issues, and a significant part of the programme will be devoted to discussions within working groups. Participants will be expected to produce recommendations on education and training issues, to be addressed to relevant local, national and international stakeholders
Scope of the Workshop
The workshop programme covers education and training for various types of stakeholders and is expected to consider the following subjects:
- The new European BSS
- European qualification and accreditation schemes (ECVET, EQF, etc.)
- The effectiveness and efficiency of education and training
- Practical ALARA training
- New learning tools
- Elements contributing to ALARA culture Incorporating ethical aspects into education and training
- Education and training at all organizational levels
Working Group Topics
- Tools to improve the effectiveness of training: new methods of delivery, blended learning and post-training interaction.
- How to measure the effectiveness of training: post-training assessment, ALARA evaluation, etc.
- The role of qualification and recognition schemes (ECVET, EQE, RPE) and their value in the workplace
- Incorporating ALARA culture in training requirements for radiation workers and managers as well as regulators and inspectors
- How to improve risk awareness and the radiation protection and ALARA knowledge for different stakeholders according to the exposure situations
The workshop will be of interest to a variety of stakeholders including training providers, employers and employees’ representatives, regulatory bodies, RP networks, research and other organisations involved in radiation protection.
Venue, Registration and Fees
The workshop will take place in Hotel Lone, in Rovinj, Croatia, starting on the 7th of May, 2014 and finishing on the 9th of May, 2014.
A welcome reception will be held on the evening of the 6th of May, 2014.
The registration fee will be 400 € and will include: welcome reception, workshop dinner, three lunches, two coffee breaks per day, transport to and from the workshop dinner, the excursion to Brijuni (Pula), and the usual workshop materials.
Participants should register before 15th of April, 2014 via the workshop website.
Hotel booking, at a special rate, is possible via the workshop website, for Hotel Lone and Hotel Eden.
Call for Abstracts
Authors wishing to provide oral or poster presentation are invited to send an abstract, by the 20th of January, 2014.