You can access here the 39th issue of the European ALARA Network Newsletter (pdf, 7,5 Mo). Articles deal with:
- Management of Radon Risk in Pays de Montbéliard Agglomération in France, S. Lafage, T. Schneider, I. Netillard.
- Implementation of the National Radon Control Strategy for Ireland: Year 2 of the Strategy (April 2015 - June 2016), D. Fenton.
- A Survey on the Cosmic Radiation Exposure of Aircraft Crew in Europe between 2008 and 2015, S. Andresz.
- Continuing EAN Survey on Radiation Protection Practices in Dental Radiography.
- EAN activities : Preliminary programme of EAN 17th Workshop available.
- As always : ALARA News and FAQ ALARA.
You can access here the 38th issue of the European ALARA Network Newsletter (pdf, 4,7 Mo). Articles deal with:
- Significant Radiological Events in France during 2014 in Industrial Radiography
- The gammaPROX concept
- The Role of EFNDT in Radiation Protection
- ENETRAP III-Implications for Industrial Radiography?
- Radiation Protection of a novel Radiotherapy System for the Treatment of Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- On the Use of Thyroid Shielding in Dental Radiography : an Answer and a Survey
- EAN activities : 17th Workshop on the Application of ALARA in Emergency Exposure Situations
- ALARA News, FAQ ALARAÂ
Please note that EANNORM Network has designed a new website. You may want to have a look at www.ean-norm.eu and explore it!
Furthermore, the Network is happy to annouce the organization of it 8th EAN_NORM workshop, that will be held from 5 to 7 December 2016 in Stockholm. The announcement and further details can be found at http://ean-norm.eu/?page_id=96
The Strategic Agenda of the European ALARA Network for the 2015 - 2020 period has been elaborated by the Members in 2014 and is now published on the website (in the 'Presentation of EAN/EAN Strategic Plan' section). The Strategic Agenda reminds the general objectives of EAN and presents the objectives of the Network for the period and the work programme to fulfil it.
EAN Strategic Agenda 2015 - 2020 (pdf, 455 Kb)
The 15th EAN workshop on "Improving ALARA Culture through Education and Training" was in particular focus on measuring the effectiveness of training.
Following their presentation during the workshop E. Grindrod and J. Stewart from Public Health England propose in this article an "untraditionnal" approach to test knowledge, application and competences of emergency responders at the end of their training event. The article deals with the advantages and disavantages of this approach and looks for areas of future development.
The article can be downladed here (pdf, 132 Ko).