18th European ALARA Network Workshop [organized in collaboration with ISOE], Marcoule, France, 11 – 13 March 2019
"ALARA in Decommissioning and Site Remediation"
SAVE THE DATE !
Aims and objectives
The objectives of the workshop are:
- To present the regulatory background and latest guidance and standards regarding radiation protection for decommissioning and site remediation; both in the nuclear and the non-nuclear sectors.
- To examine the conceptual and the practical aspects of the optimisation (ALARA) principle in these fields for workers and the public. The workshop aims at gathering a large array of experience and feedback from work performed in nuclear installations, installations outside the nuclear fuel cycle (ex. research facilities) and legacy sites.
- To discuss and investigate selected key themes and overriding issues with regard to ALARA; to identify remaining needs and perspectives.
The workshop is jointly organized with the ISOE Working Group on Decommissioning (WG-DECOM).
Programme and participants
The programme is under construction !
- Setting the scene
- ALARA in the decommissioning of nuclear installations
- ALARA in the remediation of sites outside the nuclear sector
- Transversal and overriding issues: the holistic approach, and specificities (characterization, waste, stakeholders)
As part of the programme, time will be devoted for discussions in working groups between participants.