The two first articles of this 22nd issue of the European ALARA Newsletter respectively present the recommendations of the 3rd RECAN Workshop and the summary of the 1st Workshop of the European ALARA Network for NORM. Then, the setting-up of the new Asia Region ALARA Network, ARAN, is evoked. The last article describes and analyses an incident in the medical sector. Following the retirement of the EAN Chairman, C. Lefaure, a new team now manages EAN: the CVs of the members of this team are included in this issue.
Finally, the final programme and the last announcement of the 11th EAN Workshop on "ALARA in Radioactive Waste Management" (Athens, Greece, 9-11 April 2008) is included.Content
- Recommendations of the 3rd RECAN Workshop on "Problems in Implementing Practical Optimization"
- Summary of the 1st Workshop of the European ALARA Network for NORM
- The Setting-up of the Asia Region ALARA Network (ARAN)
- Analyse of Unintended Overexposure during Palliative Treatment and the Development of a Critical Incident Reporting System in Switzerland
- ALARA News
- Presentation of the new EAN Team
- The 20 EAN Contact Persons
- Final programme and last announcement of the 11th EAN Workshop on "ALARA in Radioactive Waste Management"