What is it for ?
The EAN produces a regular ALARA Newsletter, widely distributed (especially in Europe), to provide a link between all those concerned with ALARA, mainly the health physicists, but also the managers, the radiation protection organisations, the research bodies, the regulatory bodies, the trade union representatives and the medical doctors. This Newsletter intends to reflect some major aspects of the ALARA life in Europe: evolution of regulations and judicial precedents, results of research, description of existing databases, analyses of dosimetric data, authorities and utilities ALARA programmes, available ALARA tools, need for ALARA improvements, lessons learnt from incidents, and recommendations to EC coming from the panel sessions of the EAN Workshops. Each issue includes one or two feature articles, as well as experts' viewpoints and ALARA information.
The content of the Newsletter has mainly been provided by EAN Members. However, the EAN Newsletter Editorial Board has decided to also encourage recipients of the Newsletter to submit article for inclusion in future issues. Submitted articles should aim to fit the current ediotorial line and will be selected on that basis.
You are free to translate the Newsletter: As in many countries the English language is not understood by some of the potential addresses of the Newsletter, it has been suggested it should be translated into other languages (Flemish, Spanish, French...). The Network is not able to do this centrally but, as the objective of the Newsletter is to facilitate as wide as possible dissemination of the ALARA culture, every participating organisation may translate the Newsletter and publish it as a 'common' publication with the European ALARA Network. Moreover any journal can translate one or more articles in its own publication using its national language, providing the original article in the Newsletter and authors are referenced.
Authors are solely responsible for their publication in this Newsletter. It does not represent the opinion of the community. The community and the Editorial Board are not responsible for any use that might be made of the data appearing therein.
You can access here the 43th issue of the European ALARA Network Newsletter. This is a special issue on the challenges on ALARA in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The Impacts of Covid-19 pandemic on ALARA - Testimonies from EAN Members:
- Testimony from Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety, Mr. F. Kabrt, Mrs E. Linder-Leschinski.
- Testimony from Nuclear Protection Evaluation Centre, France, Mr. S. Andresz.
- Testimony from Environmental Protection Agency, Ireland, Mr. H. Synnott.
- Testimony from Swiss Federal Office of Public Health, Mr. N. Stritt and colleagues.
- Testimony from Public Health England, Mrs. J. Morgan.
A Glimpse on Initiatives taken by several RP-related Organizations during the Covid-19 Pandemic
- IAEA Webinars: Maintaining the Highest Level of Radiation Protection During the Covid-19 Pandemic, Mr. O. Burcin, Mrs. L. Doicanova, IAEA
- Other initiatives : SHARE, SRP in United Kingdom, SFRP and EDP Sciences, World Nuclear News.
The Radium Action Plan in Switzerland 2015-2022, Mr. N. Stritt, Mrs. M. Palacios and colleagues
What's new in EAN?